Detailed Description of the Contents of The Tahiti Pond Kit
This water garden pond kit contains just about everything that you need to construct your pond except for the stone and water. With this pond kit you can build a pond up to 16 ft x 26 ft x 1.5 ft deep or 15 ft x 25 ft at 2 ft deep.
PondGard is based on EPDM synthetic rubber, a highly flexible stable material that's not only long-lasting and easy to work with, but is safe for fish and plant life. It has been used successfully in a variety of environmental containment applications for more than a decade.
- 20 x 30 Pondgard Rubber Pond Liner
- 45 mil EPDM
- 20 Year warranty
- 75 year life expectancy
Pond Liner Underlayment
Heavy (8 oz to the yard) synthetic matting
Savio WMS6500 Pump
- Pump Type: Submersible Pump
- Maximum Flow Rate: 6500 GPH (gallons per hour)
- Maximum Head: 35 feet
- Energy Consumption: 750 watts, 6.1 amps, 115 volts
- Cord Length: 16 feet
- Inlet: Bottom intake designed to handle solid debris up to 1.25"
- Outlet: 1-1/2" FPT(1-1/2" FPT with included elbow)
- Measurements: 9-1/2" x 15-3/4"
- Warranty: 2 year Manufacturer's Limited Warranty
- Savio number WMS6500
- Wear resistant ceramic coated shaft
- Non corrosive housing
- Oil-Less for fish safety
- Triple Seal Protection
Savio SkimmerFilter Base Unit with eight inch Weir / Faceplate
- Removes up to 85% of debris before it sinks.
- Macro filtration traps large debris.
- Optional UV clarifier eliminates green water.
- Bio-Mechanical filtration maintains healthy living bacteria & polishes water.
- Sturdy locking cover.
- Bio-mechanical filter mat and frame.
- Spacious pump chamber.
- Mid-water intake option.
- Rugged leaf basket.
- External pump outlet.
- Injection molded housing.
- One-click locking weir for complete isolation.
- Can also be used as a stand alone filter for ponds up to 1000 gallons.
- Manufacturer's 5 year limited warranty
- Please note that the outlet holes are not cut. This will require the use of a hole saw or jigsaw.
- Choose from 6", 8.5", or 16" weir opening
Savio LivingPonds Waterfall Filter
- Durable, precision injection-molded, non-collapsing housing.
- Top feed eliminates check valves.
- Easy-clean settling cone and bottom drain.
- Includes filter mat and Springflo filter media.
- 1-1/2 inch bottom drain.
- 1-1/2 inch Inlet.
- 30.5 inches tall, 23 inches diameter (approx.).
- 22 inches Weir.
- For ponds up to 5000 gallons.
- 5 Year Warranty
2" Flex PVC
This flexible schedule 40 PVC pipe is the thing to use for running your plumbing outside the pond. It is very strong and easy to work with. Installation is easier when you can run your pipe easily around obstructions. Saves you money when compared to using straight pipe and elbows. Flexible PVC will take standard schedule 40 PVC connections. It will provide maximum water flow by reducing friction which normally would occur through elbows in conventional PVC pipe.
2" Male Adapter
2" Slip x 1-1/2" FPT Bushing
2" PVC Elbow
1-1/2" PVC Street Elbow
All-Purpose Cement for PVC and ABS. 4 oz jar with applicator.
For use with threaded plumbing connections
- Creates a healthy environment for your pond, promoting faster fish growth.
- Reduces ammonia and nitrogen levels.
- Significantly reduces noxious odors caused by dead algae, fish fecal matter, and urine.
- Reduces hydrogen sulfide, which creates strong, offensive odors.
- Reduces buildup of bird droppings, fish feed, and dead leaves.
- Breaks down dead algae.
- Improves dissolved oxygen levels.
- Dissolves away organic sludge.
- Seeds and maintains biological filters.
- Contains nitrifiers, including both Nitrosomonas and Nitrobacter species.
- Contains photosynthetic bacteria which reduces cloudy water by promoting flocculation and settling of organic and inorganic particles.
- Effective over a wide range of pH conditions.
- Microbe-Lift PL is Safe for fish and plants.
Vanish Liquid Dechlorinator
- Quadra-Action Formula For Fast Removal!
- VanishTM Dechlorinator immediately removes chlorine, chloramine & heavy metals.
How to Build a LivingPond DVD
Create a Beautiful Pond in Your Backyard
Savio LivingPond designs and equipment work in harmony to create low maintenance, living water gardens. This informative video provides everything you need to know to create a medium sized water garden in your own backyard. All information is based on the expertise of industry professionals. Build a pond that you will enjoy for decades.
Running time: 20 minutes
Includes information on:
- Optimal placement
- Equipment installation (utilizing the Savio SkimmerFilter and Savio LivingPonds Filter)
- Waterfall Construction
- Planting Bogs
- Patching Liner
Back to Tahiti Pond Kit
Conversion Tables Click Here
Nishikigoi Terms Click Here
You are here: Home > Build a Koi Pond > Pond Kits > Tahiti Pond Kit > Detailed Description of The Tahiti Pond Kit Components